Monday, February 16, 2009

Greetings from Chelyabinsk

This is how we dress when the weather is well below -zero


Elder Campbell and Elder Dewey
(This photo was taken after Natasha's baptism)

(note - my skinny tie.)
(This photo was taken after Elder Campbell and I beat the sisters in a game of Foosball!)

Do you see any resemblance? haha


Elders Abel, Dewey, Campbell, and Anderson

(Our District)

Dear Family and Friends,
It’s been another one of those busy and crazy/strange weeks…maybe it’s the freezing weather that actually bites, I don’t know. We had a great zone conference last Monday, which is always uplifting and motivating. We had our usual English class. Alex, one of our investigators called and wanted to talk with us, so we met him on the street and had a great chat with him. He is a great guy, one with a lot of potential. We met with him again the following day. We also met with Demic, another one of our investigators. Both meetings went well. We made a lot of phone calls to try and schedule meetings. Elder A and I met up with the ZL’s on Friday to have splits. It was pretty fun. We went contacting a lot because some of our meetings didn’t go as planned. We were able to get some really great numbers, which is always exciting. I tried out my cooking skills on some beef and broccoli. It wasan’t the best I’ve ever had, just a little too salty, but oh well.
We ended splits at English on Saturday. After English we decided to head to McDonald's, which was a mistake. Since it was Valentines Day everyone and their significant other decided to make McDonald's their choice of restaurant.. It was so crowded that we ended up having to eat outside in the –zero-ish weather. Our hamburgers were practically frozen by the time we bit into them, but hey missionaries will eat just about anything,…thawed or unthawed, as long as it is edible. Haha. Later that same day we had a meeting with a less active, but he decided not to answer his door…it happens.
I had a great time translating for Elder Moulton at church on Sunday. Although it can be difficult at times, I enjoy translating. Later Sunday evening we attended a fireside at the Moulton’s. It‘s always interesting the number of girls that come out to attend in comparison to guys. The ratio is usually a few guys to a ton of girls…somewhat crazy.


In Other News/Thoughts/Shout-Outs for this week;
1. The first Shout=Out goes to my bro for his engagement to Britt. Britt, good luck with him!
2. Thanks to everyone for all the great emails! If I did not get back to you, it is because I am working hard, or something like that…JK! I will try to get back to you all soon.

Today during personal study as I was staring outside my kitchen window... out at the cold that was waiting for me to embrace with open arms…not! JK. I had some random thoughts that started to flood my mind. I thought about life, faith, and a lot of other stuff in between. I realized that so much that happens in life is based on the smallest things/moments. I also realized that I haven’t had huge mind-blowing miracles in my life. However, I have seen and experienced one... called a testimony. For me, my testimony, or what I call MY MIRACLE has come to me when I have taken the time to ponder on the times when I have felt the spirit or just felt the good feelings that have come from something good that takes place in my life.. I have had many of those moments over the course of my life which made my testimony strong, and has made it what it is today. It has not been a huge miracle, or a voice of thunder coming from some light. It is just those small personal moments of inspiration that comes from within when I have experienced those great feelings, the times when you know you are at the right place doing the right thing. It is just these small everyday feelings that help us continue on this never ending journey of improving ourselves and believing.

I love you all!
Elder Chad M. Dewey

No comments: