Monday, April 27, 2009

"Member Missionary" Work...The Key To Success!




Hello Everyone,

What a crazy/busy week it has been, but a GOOD one! I have little time to email today due to another busy day ahead. We had some great meetings and also Zone Conference this past week. Our focus for the week was on "Member Missionary" Work. We actually met our goal! Due to humility... I realized we had to be more humble, truly praying for guidance. We met with some less actives and members, emphasizing the importance of getting the less active members more involved and help them regain their desire to come to church. Our goal is to get the members here in Yekaterinburg more involved and participate in "Member Missionary" work. It will help those that need that extra reassurance and acceptance from the members. "
Member Missionary" work truly is the key to success!

Here are some random crazy/funny scenes that we witnessed in our travels this past week:
Scene 1– Some crazy guy went up to a light post and ripped off a flyer that was posted and started eating it, like it was going to be his last meal! So
CRAZY!!

Scene 2 – One day while out contacting we stumbled across a bunch of kids (ages probably 10-12 years of age) destroying some random car on the street. They were climbing all over it, pounding on it, breaking the windows!!! Some poor old babushka (older women) tried to yell at them to get them to stop, but they ignored her and continued with their destruction!!! They were maniacs!!

Scene 3– While we were enjoying one of our many rides on the Ghetto buses here in Yekaterinburg we heard some punk kids talking about me, trying to be funny, and thinking that I couldn’t understand a word they were saying, so I started conversing with them in Russian. They were shocked out of their minds that I could speak their language!! They didn’t know what to say after that. Pretty funny!!
**Just thought I would share some of the interesting events that take place around us.** You got to love it!

We had a great Sunday. Our missionary coordinator gave a great talk on priorities. She is way cool!!
I love my area, the members, and the people we work with. Our one area now covers three. Himash and Botanica being the main areas that we currently cover. We live in Botanica and it takes about 40 minutes to get to Himash.

I want to share a few awesome quotes with you all:
"Sow a thought, reap an act; Sow an act, reap a habit; Sow a habit, reap a character; Sow a character, reap an eternal destiny" David O McKay I really love that one!

“Strength and struggle go together. The supreme reward of struggle is strength. Life is a battle and the greatest joy is to overcome. The pursuit of easy things makes men weak.
Do not equip yourselves with superior power and hope to escape responsibility and work, it cannot be done: Its following the line of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked.”
Ralph Parlette

I love both of those quotes so much, but I don’t have a lot of time to explain. In a nut shell…before my mish I always seem to look for the easy way out, but on the mish I realize that’s what makes life dull. The struggle in life is what brings the best reward. Struggles and challenges also result in making one the Best person that they are intended to be.

So, that’s it for this week. I love you all and grateful for all your love and support!
Have a good week!

Love,
Elder Dewey

Don't forget to email me!!! I get lonely! You can email me at chadmdewey@gamil.com


No comments: