Monday, June 29, 2009

taxie driver from #@!#%...lost luggage returned...

new pet bird...flew in from outside...
english club

Weekly post from 6-21 -

Dear Family,

This week can be described by our latest taxi ride. We got in this guy’s taxi and before we even had time to shut the passenger door, he took off like a bat out of @!#!! He started weaving in and out of cars barely missing them! This guy even had gloves on, as if he was up to no good. Hard to explain, just chalk it up to another one of those experiences you had to be present to appreciate. Just a crazy time I tell ya!!
For part of the week, we were in a threesome, which included Elders Sorenson, Thomas, and me. Tuesday was an interesting day…we had our first lesson in wallpapering 101. Remind me to always stick to paint and never to venture off into wallpapering ANYTHING!!...UGH!!
Oh! I finally received my bag from the airport…yeah, I forgot to mention that the airport lost my luggage on my visa trip, so, yeah; I went around with dirty, sweaty, and disgusting clothes the whole time. Oh well, everything was safely returned.
Thursday, we had a lesson with two amazing investigators, which made for a great day! We played Soccer in the rain on Saturday, and I was able to muster up and score a goal! I actually suck at soccer. Later that afternoon, we had English club. On Sunday, I translated for Sacrament meeting and Sunday school and then the third hour I taught the lesson in young women’s. My lesson was on the Priesthood, and I believe it went pretty well. After church, we had a meeting with a less active member. I think he was a little drunk…UGH!

Here is a quote I would like to include in this weeks post.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust, and sweat, and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, who knows great enthusiasms,great devotions, and spends himself in a worth while cause. Who at best knows achievement and at worst if he fails at least he fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat"
Author unknown.


Thanks for everything you all do for me and all the love, support and prayers.

Love,
Elder Chad M. Dewey

No comments: