Monday, February 15, 2010

Tyumen...new area

Hello Everyone,
This week was a pretty crazy and eventfull week.   Monday we had a guy from our English club who took us out to dinner to a really cool Georgian(as the country) place and it was really really great food!! It was the first time on my mission where I kind of felt like an American Elder because he paid for our dinner and was so extremely kind. 
Tuesday we prepared for the transfer to Tyumen.
Wednsday morning I traveled to Ekat and had a quick lunch at Subway with Elder Holden and Zhenya, a member from Ekat. It was really cool to have a few minutes to visit with both of them. After lunch I left Ekat to my new area in Tyumen!!! It's about ten degrees cooler here in Tyumen then it was in Perm... haha! Yeah, just pressed the rewind button on Russian winter for Elder Dewey!!! NO worries though...I love Siberia. I unpacked all my stuff and we got to work. I really like Tyumen its a very very clean city and the branch members all seem really nice.
Sunday was really fun to talk to a bunch of the members and get to know them a little bit better. This next week I am  looking forward to meeting with a lot of the members to get a little more aquainted and learn how they came into the church. I always hear the coolest stories. Also. I am excited to be around the Palmers, a really cool Senior Couple here in Tyumen. They fed us Sunday night because we didn't have to time to go home inbetween church and a meeting with an investigator. Sister Palmer is a terrific cook and makes the best dang  food.
Today I woke up a little early around 5:30 to clean up our apartment and get it in living conditions a bit and didn't take time to prewrite my email so I apologize for the shortness of this letter home.
I hope everyone is doing well back home. I'm loving it here in Tyumen.


Until next week,
Elder Dewey








Love Elder Dewey

No comments: