Monday, June 23, 2008

PHONE...HOME...

In the AIR and ALMOST there...or NOT...with long lay overs and endless hours in the air...Elder Dewey will FINALLY arrive in Yekaterinburg Russia around 5:00 am Wednesday morning.
My heart jumped when I heard the phone ring around 9:00 this morning...I then heard a voice on the other end ( a bit stuffy because of a cold) say to me... С ДНЕМ РОЖДЕНИЯ (Happy Birthday). What a great B-day gift. After almost three months to finally talk with Chad was exciting. We talked for about 15-20 minutes, and said he would call during his layover in Chicago. It was wonderful to hear how well his Russian was coming along, sounded like he had it down pretty well, but how would I know...I've no idea what Russian sounds like...SOUNDED good to me!
I'm now keeping track of him in the air as we speak...love that modern technology stuff!!www.flightview.com/No escaping the...mom!! haha.
I could really hear the excitement in Chad's voice this morning...he is READY to get to Ekat and GET to work!!
СТАРШИЙ УДАЧИ ЧАДСКИЙ DEWEY... МЫ БУДЕМ МИСС Ю!!
(GOOD LUCK ELDER CHAD DEWEY...WE WILL MISS YOU!!)
P.S.
I hope Chad will remember to do the following: ...write home often, brush/floss teeth, write home often, be careful of the drunks, write home often, make bed, write home often, be careful of the packs of wild dogs, write home often, don't wash darks with whites, write home often, don't smile (inside joke), write home often, where mosquito repellent, write home often, wash hands before eating, write home often, where sunblock, write home often, don't eat the meat, write home often, wash and bleach the vegetables to get all the radiation off before boiling, write home often, be careful of the strong tea and did I mention...WRITE HOME OFTEN!!! Oh, and...SEND LOT'S OF PICTURE'S, PLEASE!!!
(I'm grateful for Chad's hard work and dedication...the Russian people will love him.)

No comments: