Monday, March 2, 2009

English Club...a BIG HIT!! Transfering to Ekat next week...

Hey Everyone,

It was a great week, until today…ugh! I just found out that I am transferring to Bontanica in Ekat. I will be with Elder M, who will be going home at the end of the transfer. I sometimes feel I will be the “forever-young” elder and it is my duty to send the trunky older elders home.
This week started out with a great-shared birthday with Elder M. We celebrated our birthdays with some great cakes the sister made for us. Sister O made us an awesome tasty Russian cake! I loved it! Then Elder A and I played phase ten with the sisters. We of course let them win; it is the gentlemen thing to do. Later that day, we went to Zobkovy’s for a FHE, where we played UNO, which was great fun!
We had the best English class this past week! It was A TOTAL AND COMPLETE HIT!!! The BEST English I have ever attended! We had about 15-ish people in attendance. The subject was on directions, that was what Sister O wanted. We drew a map on the board of a made up city called Chillyabinskburghaha! We had them tell us how to go from point to point on the board. Then we made a maze in the church. I entertained the group by having them blind fold me and while they gave me directions I made my way around the maze. I didn’t even cheat by trying to peek. They all love it and had a great laugh. After our maze experience, we gave a spiritual thought about how the Gospel is our map back to God. The entire lesson and spiritual thought all clicked and fit together perfectly! It was a miracle.
We have been doing a lot of tracting this past week trying to find new investigators. We found a few people who gave us their numbers and who seem to be interested.
Friday was my birthday. I got a call from Elder C and A and the ZL’s and the McEvoys (the awesome office couple). After contacting, we came home and made some amazing chicken pillow. It is not the healthiest, but it taste good. Later that evening we had a great meeting with the coolest family ever, the Pervomyski’s. We had a great time playing with their kids and the balloons they had all over their home. Before I called it a night I took some time and wrote in my journal about some great thoughts that have been rolling around in my head.
We had another English class on Saturday and made some great tasting homemade root bear. They don’t have root bear here so they really loved it!

As I mentioned in the beginning, I just found out about transfers. It’s all great! Elder M is one of my favorites, so it should be a great experience. I’m always up for what ever comes my way. I just try to make the best out of whatever situation I’m faced with. I’ve actually have the greatest opportunities to see a lot of my mission and I have only been out ten months. And, I realize that I may never have this chance again, so it’s all good! Wherever the Lord needs me, I am willing to go.

I love you all,
Elder Dewey

P.S. Make it a great week!

No comments: