Monday, March 9, 2009

Zone Conference in Ekat with Elder Larry W. Gibbons from the Seventy...

English Club in Chely




Hello from Ekat,

It has been an amazing and eventful week.
Monday – My last P-day in Chely.
Tuesday – I left Chely and arrived in Ekat Botanica. We have a very cool apartment on the top floor of a 16-story building with a great view. The area is clean and well kept. However, come spring everything turns to mud.
We had our first district meeting and finally met up with Elder Shreeve from mesa. It was cool to see him again. I love that kid. Its great being around other Elders…they are all very cool.
On Thursday we had a meeting with a lady in Himash (another area we cover in Ekat) we also went contacting.
We had a branch picnic up in the hills of Ekat. It was a great opportunity to get to know some of the members. The branch here seems to be awesome.
Sunday – The most AWESOME DAY!! We had a combined Sunday meeting with the Bontanica branch and another one in Ekat. Elder Larry W.Gibbons of the Seventy and Sister Gibbons spoke. They were amazing! He shared a few stories about his mission and serving with Leo and Paul. Later we had zone conference where Elder Gibbons taught us about how members are the best source of missionary work. I also had the opportunity to be one of the few from our zone to be interviewed by Elder Gibbons. What a great experience the whole day turned out to be...inspiring and uplifting!!
I want everyone at home to know how amazing it is to be a missionary here in Russia. It's definitely not the easiest with its many challenges, but I can't imagine serving my mission any where else. I have no doubt that this is where I am meant to be. I love my mission and I am so grateful for this opportunity to be able to serve the Russian people. These past eleven months I have had a great opportunity to serve with and around many other amazing missionaries whom I have learned a great deal from and have developed some great friendships that I hope will last even after the mission is over. I also have some amazing friendships back at home and grateful to all of you for your encouraging messages, prayers, love and support. I love you all and thank you for all you do and your great examples.

Love,
Elder Dewey

1 comment:

elderdaniel said...

Wow. Chad is having such great experiences. I love to read the blog and keep up with what he is doing.