Monday, July 13, 2009

It's all about change...

This past week was all about change…new Mission President, new companion, and new area. Two new Elders from the states finally arrived, Elder Matthews, who I will be training, and Elder Wilson. So, part of the week we were in transit, leaving Botanica, picking up my new companion at the Mission Home, and then a long train ride to our new area just outside the city of Ufa called Dyoma. Before leaving, we spent Wednesday morning contacting around Ekat. It was a great time. We spent the night at the AP’s, and left on a train the following day around 5pm. We came back with the ZL’s and Elder Peterson. We were on the train for about 16 hours. I couldn’t really get much sleep, and so once we arrived my brain felt like mush. When we arrived to our area, Dyoma, everything was laid out really well for us. We walked around our small town checking things out, and found it to be kind of old school which I really like. Going from a larger city to a smaller area mixes things up a bit and keeps missionary life interesting.
We had a meeting with a member who was really nice and helped Elder Matthews read in Russian. It was really cool. Sunday, I made my return to Ufa! Our building is in the center of Ufa, my greenie area. It was cool seeing my old stomping grounds. I loved seeing the members and getting reacquainted with them as well. We also have an investigator who will be baptized soon. It’s amazing! I think we will be able to accomplish some great stuff here.
I miss all my friends in Botanica, but I know I will see them again someday no mater what. It’s great to be with a young elder, it makes me cautious and work hard at trying to set a good example.
We went running with our missionary coordinator. It was great, we ran for a long time. I think we might be going every morning. It‘s a little different being with a younger elder and taking on the responsibility of most everything. To try and help him catch on faster, I try to make sure I include him in everything, but not to overwhelm him. I know it’s important that he get’s off to a good start. Here is where I shine or crash. Wish me luck
Love,
Elder Dewey

1 comment:

Slave1 said...

Elder Wilson is my Brother. We didn't get an address from him so thank you for posting the Mission Home's address!