Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A PUNCH FROM THE LEFT and A PUNCH FROM THE RIGHT...


Hey everyone,
Thanks for the Emails! Whew…..another week of life here at the MTC. It feels like we do the same thing over and over again but it’s all good and I still love it. I am trying really hard with the language, and our teachers are really great. Sister Watt and Brat(Russian for brother) Bradford really love our class and they teach us so much. We literally get PUNCHED in the face everyday with more Russian. But listening to the teachers speak is so cool and to know that one day I will be able to speak Russian like that is what keeps me going!! I can’t believe I will be in Russia NEXT MONTH! So if our flight plans are anything like the older Elders going to Ekat we will have a very long trip.
So here is the update from this past week: My companion, Elder E finds out tomorrow if he is switching and where he will be going, so that’s exciting but kind of sad at the same time.
My roomies Elders V and S got annoyed with me for being an earlier riser this morning. I just thought I would get a jump start on the day and woke up at 5:30 instead of 5:45. I thought we could all use extra prep time this morning for the awesome day that was ahead of us…no worries they’ll get over it. I like that saying “early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise”…they didn’t buy it!!
Thanks mom for another great goodie box!! We ate the bag of funyons in like 10 minutes because everyone in the zone wanted some haha. Please send more!! I am glad to here everyone is doing good back at home. Thanks for those who have written…I appreciate it. Mom, to answer your question regarding the videos for my blog, eto nilzea (unacceptable) because missionaries sometimes do stupid things with the videos and I need to keep all the rules…even the dumb ones if I expect help from the big guy on this very hard task at hand.
I know I don’t sing well and can’t carry a tune (thanks to family genes) but it doesn’t stop me from singing in Russian. I love how the songs sound in Russian it is way cool!! My favorite song keeps switching between "Be Still My Soul" and "What’s with the Kid?" (In English, What child is this?) But yeah singing in Russian is the best.
I love my zone they are the best group of guys ever. I’m telling you it takes some pretty gutsy kids to go to Russia and it shows with all the guys in my zone, we are all going there for a reason. Well the older elders leave on Monday. I am excited for them. The weeee younger elders will arrive in 2 weeks. It will be good not to be the new kids on the block.
The food is getting worse and worse. We never get hungry anymore, we have lost our appetites, we just eat because its 11:30 or 4:30. Four square is still good. Some people still get a little bitter at times, but I just let it go because there is no point. It’s just 4-square…how can you take this game serious! I will send home my sd card tomorrow so look for that in the mail.
Please text my friends and ask them to write me! Some of them are hard core weak at writing, but to all those who do write me thank you very much, you are loved! Its weird grandpa is now re-married. Well, I’m off for my weekly date with the Tide box…gotta get the laundry done. Tell everyone kak dela for me and pakoi(peace) I love everyone.
Bye ,
Love Elder Dewey

No comments: