Wednesday, June 4, 2008

LET ME OUT...PLEASE!!!...20 DAYS AND COUNTING...

6-3-08
Hey Everyone.

TWENTY DAYS AND COUNTING…HURRAY, HURRAY!!! I AM READY TO BREAK DOWN THE BARS IN THIS PLACE!!! Don’t get me wrong, I love it here and have learned so much and greatly appreciate this opportunity, BUT…I am most definitely ready to see the outside world again!!! I am anxious to get out in the field and start working hard. There hasn't been anything special happening so I don’t have a lot to report this week. Once I get to Russia I’m sure the letters home will be a little more interesting, but for now I will keep this week entry short and sweet. The highlight of my week was when Sister Dibbs talked. (President Monson’s daughter) It was VERY good and interesting to here about President Monson’s personal life. We learned more Russian and worked with our new Companion Elder Roderick. It’s been fun and hard at the same time. There are new Native Russians here in the MTC and there are three or four going to Ekat, so I’m very excited. They are very nice. I find it interesting when ever I’ve heard other’s speak about Russians I always had the impression most people consider them to be some what mean spirited, but the Russians I have talked to and have gotten to know thus far have been extremely nice.

Anyways, I have been studying my butt off. I think I’ve finally found a way I like to study that is helpful. I purchased a journal and I write fifteen words a day and memorize them. It works like a charm, because it’s small organized and easy to review. I can’t believe I only have 20 more day’s until Ekat! . I am so excited I love the Russian people. We teach the 2nd lesson in Russian for the second time tomorrow and I’m not taking in any notes, I’m so excited just to let it free flow. My teacher let us practice on her and she asked me such a hard question to answer in Russian, she asked, "What blessings have you received from living the law of tithing" haha… TRY ANSWERING THAT in Russian haha… it’s not easy AT ALL!! But I’m happy to report that I managed to answer it!! Anyway, I have made a lot of new friends with the new elders who just came a few weeks ago. They are way cool. The Elders from Finland really want me to go visit them sometime after the mission, so I guess Finland it is. It’s weird, because we feel so much older than the new elders and sisters who just came into our zone, but we’re not. haha…of course the sisters are all older than us because they have to be 21, but it just feels weird. You grow so much on a mission. Even in the MTC.

So people keep spreading rumors and junk about the Russian missionaries, but just to clear it up MISSIONARIES ARE NOT GETTING KICKED OUT OF RUSSIA! So far the understanding is that fewer missionaries are being sent because the expense of renewing visas every three months.

Well, I love you all. It would be amazing if I could get a letter from anyone...anyone at all. Well I’ve got a lot to do and a lot of studying to get done today. If I studied like this in school I would have been the smartest kid around, but I wouldn’t had as much FUN!!! But yeah… we study so hard here and it’s great!! I hope everyone has a good week!
Love,Elder Dewey

No comments: