Monday, August 25, 2008

In Route to Kurgan...1st Transfer

Hey Everyone,

I have arrived at the Mission Office here in Yekaterinburg. We got in last night around 10:00pm. The bus ride wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. We left at 7:30am and arrived about 9:30pm…stopping every hour.

I was able to see a lot of the countryside, the smaller cities between Ufa and Ekat. This Country is beautiful.

I sat next to a mini missionary from Ekat. (A mini missionary is someone who fills in temporarily when there are an odd number of missionaries.) She was very nice. She didn’t know or understand much English so we both had our dictionaries out trying to converse back and forth. It was a lot of fun and great practice.

I slept probably a total of two hours on the bus. Once we arrived, we took our stuff to the AP’s apartment, had dinner around 11:30 pm, and then went to bed. They told me I could sleep until 8:00, which was great, I really needed it, and I slept pretty good. After waking up I studied for about an hour then took a COLD shower... oh well.

I will be here in Ekat until 6:30 pm and then I will catch the train to Kurgan. I am really excited and looking forward to my new area. It was hard leaving Ufa and all the amazing people there. I was talking to Elder S and he explained, that it is as if you are leaving part of your heart in each area you serve. This comment/thought stuck with me because it’s so true, I do feel like I’ve left part of my heart in Ufa. I love those members so much, and I’m really going to miss them. When transfers came, and I found out I was being transferred to Kurgan, a part of me looked forward to the change, but then it really hit me that I would be leaving all these great people that I’ve grown to love behind, I didn’t want to leave. Once I cleared my head, I realized that all of this, transfers included is what life of a missionary is all about…it’s all part of the work, being willing to serve anywhere at anytime in any circumstance...I'm looking forward with a positive attitude to the transfer and the opportunity to share the Gospel with the people in Kurgan. I have heard that this area in the Mission is having a lot of success and my new companion Elder D. is a hard worker, which is a huge plus.

My last Sunday in Ufa was hard. During church, I had the opportunity to translate for Brother Page. I also bore my testimony. After church, we had a FHE and a potluck at the Page’s where I had to speak. It was a lot of fun, but hard to say my final goodbyes.
Oh, I finally got my package, I haven’t opened it yet, because I wanted to jump on here and shoot you a quick email to let you know that I am in route and everything is good.

I love you all, stay solid.

No comments: