Monday, January 5, 2009

LAST WEEK IN KURGON...transfer destination...unknown

Last few pictures from visa trip in Kazakhstan... slippery steps
Elder Campbell and Elder Dewey
Elder Campbell and Elder Dewey
(this pic would've made a picture perfect Christmas card.lol)


Last hello from Kurgon,

I don’t have a lot of time, so I will give a quick run down from this past week
Monday – we had our normal p-day and then had a meeting that evening.
Tuesday- the sister’s showed us up by their awesome planning skills for district meeting. I knew that would happen. After district meeting we needed to go home because Elder Otis had become sick.
Wednesday and Thursday we had “IN DAY’S” for safety issues we are not allowed to be out and have to stay in our apartments. Things become kind of crazy during this time and especially in the evenings. This gave us the opportunity to have a lot of reading and study time. We had some amazing fireworks that went off right outside our building that actually had the whole building shaking...I kid you not!!! So Cool!!
Friday- we had a meeting with the branch president and some less actives. They were a lot of fun to visit with. Friday night I received a call from the AP’s informing me that I will need to leave with all my stuff on a train next Monday! Meaning I am getting transferred! So who knows where I am going. I am hoping I will learn something soon. We were supposed to find out today, but the AP’s did not send out the mini transfer. Oh well I guess I have to wait.
Saturday- was filled with some great meetings. I was hoping that one great investigator would have been able to make it out, but he was a no show. It got down to four below…does that not send shivers down your spine ? I can't wait for the fifty below weather!!
We had an awesome meeting here last Sunday. We had 31 attend church. There were a few people there that I have not seen come out for a very long time. It was an amazing meeting. At the last minute, I was asked to teach the youth on the D&C. Since I was asked last minute and didn't have to time to prepare it probably wasn't the greatest lesson., but at least I did it and I gave it my best. The best part was giving the lesson all in Russian. My language skills are improving with time. I wonder if I ever will be able to master this language completely. I am just grateful that I am able to understand it when people speak to me, and I speak it clearly enough to be understood.
Anyway I need to run. Love yall and thanks for everything!!
Oh yeah, and I highly recommend the book “Jesus the Christ.” I read half of it this past week during our “IN DAY’S . " I learned more about Jesus Christ from that book than I ever thought possible.
Gotta run !
Elder Dewey

No comments: