Monday, March 23, 2009

Back from the dead...

Hello from the dark grave,

Sorry for another short and lame email. This week was pretty uneventful due to some crazy illness/flu I've had all week. For some odd reason this past Monday I felt deathly ill. We went back to my apartment and I went straight to bed. I woke up Tuesday with a fever of 104 and shaking uncontrollably. My companion was pretty freaked out so he called the ZLs and they came over. They filled me with some drugs, basically some random stuff with whatever we could find, (who knows what the heck it all was) and then I kind of just passed out on my bed for a few hours still shaking. While the ZL's were on the phone with Sister Allen, President Allen and the doctor in Moscow, Elder Shreeve told the doc that I was "passed out". (in Shreeve's mind I was sleeping.) The Doc flipped out and wanted us to go to the hospital right away, which we almost did however, Sister Allen saved me! She didn't like the idea of the hospital because they generally like to keep you there for a lengthy stay of three days or longer. Sister Allen suggested that I guzzle some water to help from becoming too dehydrated. I was basically the sickest I have ever been in my life. I couldn't keep anything down and I became dehydrated. I also had the chills with uncontrollable shakes, a blazing sore throat, a stomach on fire, a head exploding,body aches/pain, and a really sore tongue. It was all so bizarre. I've never experienced anything like it and never wish to again. So yeah... I was sick the whole stickin week! We had a few meetings, during which time I was trying not to cough uncontrollably. So, coming close to death I managed to survive, thanks to Sister Allen and some great ZL's that did their best to bring me back from the dead. I almost died though... that's cool! haha! What a story huh? Don't freak mom...I am still alive and on the mend! Besides, I didn't want to steal BJ's week of fame! It's hard to believe as of this Friday he will be a married man! I wish BJ and Britt the Best! Good luck everyone and have an awesome wedding week!
Love ya all!!
Elder Dewey

3 comments:

The Wells Family said...

Aww. Poor Chad... Being sick isn't fun on any of us...Especially being so far away from Mom. So glad he was in good hands, and on the mend. Maybe it is a good thing he is so far away, because I would have been tempted (as a Mom) to jump on a plane,and take care of my boys.. HaHa. Have a great week, the stress will be over soon, and you will have a awesome new daughter... See you Wednesday!

W said...

Sorry to hear that Chad has been sick. He and my boy are in the same town and I have a few pictures to share with you. I am behind on updating the website, partially because West has been working in the office and hasn't written as much lately as he was in other areas. Arranging travel for the visiting gen Authority kept him super busy as have the Visa trips. He seems to have to work on many of his P-Days so I just get little notes now and then. ANYWAY, I can't find you email so send me a note and I'll send the pix your way!

Anonymous said...

I just came across this blog and am interested in any info you could send along. My daughter just received her call today to this mission. We are so excited and would love to hear from you. nilsenclan@juno.com