Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Out With The Old And In With The New...

Hello Everyone,

Well, It's out with the old and in with the new this week. I "killed" yet another Elder, meaning...I sent another Elder packing for home. Elder McKenna left yesterday. He seemed to be a bit nervous, but I’m sure that is to be expected. I was able to accompany him to the Mission Home and attend the meeting for the departing missionaries. It was great! However, it was hard to see McKenna leave. He was a great companion and a good missionary.
I will get my new companion, Elder Odair tomorrow. He is from Northern Arizona and has been in the field for a few months longer than I have, which makes me yet again, the younger Elder. So, not to feel too discouraged... always being the youngest and not feeling I’m making much progress, I try to stay focus on the work... however, the work seems slow going as well. A few new missionaries should be arriving over the next couple months, which will be great for the mission.
I hit my year mark this past Thursday; the day just kind of came and went. So, I am on my way down the slope and I am sure this next year will go fast. I feel I have so much more I would like to accomplish.
I love being a missionary and grateful for all the many blessings and, even the challenges that come along with it. I look forward to this next year and the great experiences that awaits. I will write more next week. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I love you all and grateful for all you do.

Love,
Elder Dewey

No comments: