Monday, March 1, 2010

Last Visa Trip to Finland...


Hello Everyone,

Well this week was another one of those crazy but great weeks here in Russia. I have not been in Tyumen a whole week since this transfer has started. Every week I have had some traveling to do. Although it's been crazy it's been great at the same time. This past week was my last visa trip to Helsinki Finland.  It was really cool to see my whole group together for the last time until we head home in two months.  But now let me rewind for a second.   On Tuesday we had a district meeting before I left and Sister Palmer made some really good hamburgers and a delicious cake for my late birthday party. Later, they took me to the train station to send me off to Ekat.  I spent most of the train ride thinking about the last two years and how Russia has really changed me in so many ways.  I arrived in Ekat at 7pm and stopped by Subway with some of the other Elders. We obviously didn't get much sleep that night and stayed up talking. It was funny though because I fell asleep but they said I kept adding stupid comments to the conversation.  We woke up at about 2 am to shower and wait for the car to take us to the airport. The trip to Helsinki was pretty good besides the rough flight from Ekat to St Pete's.  I also didn't get much sleep the last few days because for some reason I've had too much on my mind and had a hard time shutting off my brain. Once we arrived to Helsinki we got a bite to eat and did a Temple session which was really good. It was a great way to kick off the last two months of my mission. It was a pretty emotional experience. After the Temple session we hopped back in the taxi and started the journey home. It was a pretty good trip on the way back but once again I couldn't sleep. I did the math and I figured that I've slept a total of about 6 hours the last few days  (disclaimer it's my own dang fault). 
Well,  this week has been a pretty emotional one seeing everyone for the last time before our group meets at the Presidents headed for home. Its been really cool to see the progress of those in my group. When we get together we all click really well and talk about the progress  each of us made since those MTC days of just sitting in the same room for three solid months going nuts...haha. It's really interesting to see everyone's growth and its nice to have people to share this progress with.  I hope I keep growing at this same pace when I return home.
I know this email is another short one, but we have a busy day so I need to get going. I love you all.  Thanks for all your love and support.
Elder Chad Dewey

No comments: